Stay connected to TIME
- Develop long-lasting relationships
- Learn about career enhancing programs, seminars & conferences
- Enjoy Networking
- Participate in rewarding mentoring experiences
As a TIME graduate, you are automatically part of the TIME Alumni community. The benefits program provides an array of exclusive access to fellow graduates, news, networking and career services.
The Gift of TIME is a program targeting all travel related organizations with an invitation to invest in the future of their people and their industry by:
- Rewarding a talented and aspiring staff member with a 6 month mentoring program;
- Motivating a valued customer by rewarding them with a Gift of TIME;
- Incentivising valued members of your industry association;
- Just helping a friend grow their business skills and achieve succes.
TIME needs corporate sponsorship to operate and develop this unique mentoring program. We believe in a sustainable and successful future for our industry but this can only be achieved, if we encourage and nurture the Industry’s future leaders – developing their business and personal skills and instilling in them a belief in the viability of a career path within travel and tourism.
To achieve our goals Sponsorship is a key driver and we urge organisations, big and small to support TIME by joining us and signing up to sponsor our program and putting your brand on our future.
Time and money spent in helping men to do more for themselves is far better than mere giving.
TIME’s Mentoring Program has a number of varied benefits, however the key purpose is to develop and retain leadership potential with a view to enhancing career development and satisfaction.
A mentor should offer a range of (non-conflicting) business-skills and experience that enables them to offer advice and perspective to the Mentee.
Sharing their wisdom and support creates opportunities that may not otherwise be available to the Mentee. This includes increased visibility and possible access to networks (part of the essential communication skills) including networking with other Mentees.
As with all good mentoring programmes, there is a structure and framework within which mentors operate to challenge and inspire mentees whilst holding them accountable to their self determined goals.
Travel Industry Mentor Experience is open to all employees within the travel and tourism industry who have been in the industry for 3 years and or have attained a mid-management (team leader, operations manager, manager) level.
Mentoring is recommended for people:
- Developing new skills
- Identifying areas for professional growth
- More strategic career planning
- Gaining or increasing knowledge of organisational culture, structure and processes
- Access to new networks and contacts
- Finding new ways to approach old problems
- Increased confidence in abilities
- Increased job satisfaction
- Enhanced career opportunities